The Mobile Device Support Technician (Service Management) position serves as a central point of contact to assist customers to troubleshoot and resolve problems with their mobile devices (Phone, Tablets, Computers, Mobile Printers, Scanners, etc).
Applies understanding of mobile technology software and hardware to diagnose problems, determine appropriate course of action, provide complete follow-through to successful resolution or escalate to appropriate Senior technician and/or department. Maintains accurate documentation in the company’s Service Desk system of all user requests, repairs and reported issues including cause, resolution and preventative action. Able to use remote management software (MDM) to configure and provide instruction to end-users during service incidents.
Provides in-depth support on mobile and PC operation systems, applications, cellular/network connectivity, user accounts, and any other hardware/software issues. Works with other Technology Support staff to implement and maintain all brands of mobile device hardware and software.
- Responsible for maintaining, configuring, and provisioning all types of mobile devices. Performs minor device repairs and coordinates vendor support for more critical repairs.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating hardware and software inventories on mobile devices.
- Required to carry a cell phone/pager and be on call for emergencies.
- May be required to perform job duties outside of normal business hours.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers and all internal departments to deliver a high level of service.
- Physical movement of mobile & computer related equipment.
- Meets or exceeds departmental metrics as established over time.
- Must account for time daily in company Project management/Time reporting system.
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience in providing technical support for mobile devices, PCs, and local area network preferred.
- Mobile device and PC hardware knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot hardware issues and experience interfacing with vendor support organizations.
- Understanding and experience with cellular and WAN a plus.
- -Understanding remote management tools (including MDM a plus.
- Experience using mobile iOS, Android, and Windows OS a plus.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users at all organizational levels.
- Ability to discuss and diagnose problems with mobile device hardware/software with remote users.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Very good interpersonal, writing, presentation skills. Ability to communicate with most levels of management and across functional lines
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
Technical education or a minimum of 2 years’ experience with mobile or computer support preferred. Related experience may substitute for college course work.
The IT Support Administrator will act as the primary point of contact and individual responsible for MTech’s hardware and software systems. Candidates for this position must have strong technical and communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational skills are a must for this multi-faceted fast paced position.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues reported to the Service Desk
- Configure, administer and maintain company email, Salesforce CRM, Remedy ITSM, Remedy CMDB and other related internal systems.
- Maintain data integrity & back-up.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software. Escalate
requests to the appropriate party, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Conduct technical and systems training for new users
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance system productivity.
- Assist in the development of training coursework and materials.
• Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise.
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current
- Comply with continuing education requirements.
- Increase efficiencies, technical ability and interpersonal skills
- Perform routine network and server monitoring and performance benchmarking.JanelleJJJ
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Technology or comparable technical schooling. Certifications such as MCP, A+ preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience providing technical support.
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional
client service is required. Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational,
analytical, problem-solving and computer skills required.
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects. Attention to detail
along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality.